OBAS is a office based system using the Admiralty Raster Chart Service (ARCS) to undertake planning functions on any windows based machine. OBAS is also ideally suited to be used as an electronic chart table or a vessel monitoring system.
• Installation of Permits, Charts and ability to apply Chart Updates
• System can be installed on an individual PC or on a network with up to 5 simultaneous users.
• Waypoints, routes and boundaries. These can be input via mouse or keyboard. Can also be imported from a CSV or Excel file. Passage planning can be performed, all data stored to file for future use.
• Shape files, The shapefile format is a popular geospatial vector data format for geographic information system (GIS) software. The shapefile format can spatially describe vector features: points, lines, and polygons.
• GPX files, GPX, or GPS Exchange Format, is an XML schema designed as a common GPS data format for software applications. It can be used to describe waypoints, tracks, and routes.
• Wrecks, Using data compiled from the UKHO wrecks data base.
• Wind Farms, monopile co-ordinates and field boundaries. Compiled from data provided by the UKHO and Crown Agents.
• Offshore Oil & Gas Installations, compiled from data provided by UKHO and other agencies.
• Tidal stream information, using data provided by the UKHO. Tidal information can be used as part of the passage planning function.
• Draw lines and shapes in various colours and styles.
• Annotation in various sizes, fonts and colours.
• Electronic dividers and range and bearing lines.
• Print chart and overlays up to A2 in size. Whole chart, or chart displayed on screen.
• Print whole chart as A4 Chartlets.
• Output to Printer of PDF files (Subject to appropriate drivers installed).
• Company Logo can be added to printout.
• Ability to plot vessels using various fleet management systems and overlay data from an AIS feed.