Nomad is a portable AIS navigation solution. It is a class B AIS transponder with a wireless and USB interface built in for tablets and PCs”
Nomad is a new, portable AIS transponder. Designed for recreational boaters and professional mariners, it offers a full function, Class B AIS transponder with a wireless and USB interface built in for tablets and PCs – all in a portable, compact package.
It addresses the needs of so many boaters who want a portable yet sophisticated navigation solution with AIS and GPS and the ability to interface with tablets, PCs. It appeals to charter skippers, professional mariners like delivery skippers and pilots as well as boat owners who don’t want the hassle or cost of installing a dedicated transponder. As a full function Class B transponder, it also sends you boat position to other AIS users.
It incorporates an innovative USB power solution therefore allowing the Nomad to be powered from any standard USB source. This can include low cost, 3rd party battery packs, a USB PC connection or 12V USB adaptors/cigarette lighter adaptors. The GPS is built in and Nomad ships with a compact, 25cm external VHF antenna with sucker cup mount. It can also connect to any regular VHF antenna.
- Opens up new “portable navigation” market with the 1st portable AIS transponder
- Applications include charter and delivery skippers, pilots, tenders and also a back up for main systems
- Can be utilised as AIS/GPS receive only
- Powered via USB – connect to PC, USB outlet or USB battery pack for power
- Wireless interface tablet or PC
- Built in high performance GPS
- Supplied with portable VHF antenna with sucker cup mount
- Can be used as AIS receiver only (if no MMSI programmed) or if silent mode selected
- Programmable via PC